Any electronic product or accessory which has reached the end of its useful life is called E-waste.
These discarded products affect the environment negatively. Apart from affecting the environment, it can also affect the health of the people; hence managing this E-waste effectively is important.
Take Back & Recycling:
In our commitment to ensuring a greener tomorrow, Havells is offering an E-Waste take-back & recycling service that adheres to the E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 issued by Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. When an electronic product reaches its end of life, we take it back and recycle it.
As a part of the E-waste recycling initiative, Havells has partnered with government authorized recycler. Havells will provide E-waste drop-off centers and ensure environmentally safe management of electronics that have reached their end of life or otherwise and also defective spare parts. All the necessary and legal authorizations required for the processing facilities have been taken and approved by concerned governmental agencies. The recycling and disposal of E-Waste help us to ensure the protection of the environment from hazardous consequences.
we urge our Channel partners/Consumers/Bulk Consumers to contribute towards the prevention of environment by the simple action of properly disposing off their old consumer durable products, its accessories or defective spares.
Guidance on disposal:
For safe disposal of the product after the end of life and scheduling doorstep pickup, the customer can call on our E-Waste partner toll-free numbers 1800-1020-666 we would be happy to assist you in channelization of the E-Waste.
For information about collection point, click here.
Consumers do not have to pay any fee for recycling of Havells products sold/used in India.
- Follow the instructions for proper handling of the end of life equipment in product user manual.
- Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorized recyclers/dismantlers.
- Consult your nearest Havells Collection Point for disposing of products that have reached the end of life.
- Drop off used electronic products, defective spares or any accessories at the nearest Collection Point.
- Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options.
- Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage.
- Never dismantle your electronic products yourself
- Never dispose of electronic products in bins having 'Do Not Dispose of' sign
- Never sell or give E-Waste to informal and unorganized sectors like local scrap dealer/ rag pickers
- Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills
For any further queries/suggestions for making environment cleaner and greener write a mail to email@example.com